A Shinigami‘s Death Note is a notebook with the power to kill the human whose name is written in it. All Death Notes are governed by the same set of rules determining the extents and limitations of the Notes’ powers. There are five basic rules on the note that are needed to follow once the human find or hand the note.
- The human whose name is written in this note shall die.
- This note will not take effect unless the writer has the subject’s face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
- If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the subject’s name, it will happen.
- If the cause of death is not specified, the subject will simply die of a heart attack.
- After writing the cause of death, the details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.
I spent my weekend watching this anime and in some ways it opens the idea that “Humans will all eventually die and never come back to life, so let’s give it our all while we’re alive.” I enjoy the plot twists and pshychological warfare which is evident I guess right from the very start or first chapter of the anime. It will give you the notion of solving each character’s idea and motives on their part of the Death Note as each chapter comes along. It may be sic or somehow evil to think of all the deeds and act of each character having the power of death and judgment of a person’s life but I guess it simply entertains me. The scenes drag me to finish the whole movie in one sitting and eventually know the end. The concept may be simple to think that, I will write on this black notebook all the people that I would like to die, but to add the idea that upon doing it, the note serves to be more than a usual note. It has the power that can control the world and be the outmost guide of everyone. The main character, Light or Kira became the god of his world, a god of death upon seeing or thinking that his current world is simply boring and rotten. He may be an opportunist but he got the power from the very start and from that time on, he became god. He can apply judgment to everyone and manipulate each one’s life and hand down death. It is indeed evil. Evil may not be the usual thought but it’s a good one.
You should try to watch it… And experience the Death Note.